This directory contains example Java code.
- this file is the cannonical "hello world" program. It's
primary use is as an example and template for writing a
stand-alone "main program".
- this program demonstrates how to perform input by
Scanner object around the
object. The "Old" version shows you how to do this
in versions of Java prior to v1.5.
- this program demonstrates my preferred pattern for
handling command-line input from the
- this program demonstrates how to process command-line
arguments and use recursion; exception-handling is also
- is a Stack class that is built using a
example shows how one might build a data structure
as well as examples of how to handle exceptions. In
addition, this class includes a static
at the end that can be used to test the data
- this directory holds a few classes and a test program that
show how inheritance works and demonstrate some
polymorphic behavior vi
NOTE: The code in this directory was thrown together
quickly and is NOT sufficiently documented with
Javadoc-type syntax. Don't expect to hand something like
this in and get documentation points!